Thursday, October 15, 2020

Melancholy Day

This week a work colleague and friend unexpectedly died and so it's been a bit of a sad week for me and those that I work with.  This compilation is one I put together some time back to play on those sad or 'meh' type days. Because I listen more to musical compositions rather than lyrics, the tracks I have chosen for this compilation are more about the feeling and emotion the music evokes.

Just a note to explain that I took the liberty to edit track 6 "The Park" by Uriah Heep. The original is fantastic but towards the end it goes off into a bit of a psychedelic digression, which is absolutely fine but for this compilation I felt that it changed the mood of the song and the overall feeling that I was trying to create with this collection of songs. So, I removed the psychedelic piece and closed the song out with a repeat of the first verse.  Apologies Ken Hensley for changing the composition of your beautiful song but I hope I have done it justice in the context that I've used it.

I will post something a bit brighter sometime over the weekend.


Tracklist:

01 - Hold The Light - Dierks Bentley (feat. S Carey)
02 - Old And Wise - Alan Parsons Project
03 - No Rest For The Wicked - Lykke Li
04 - Suddenly Cold - Greg Johnson
05 - Faded - Alan Walker
06 - The Park (Skylord99 edit) - Uriah Heep
07 - RIP (Millie) - Noiseworks
08 - By My Side - INXS
09 - All Good Things (Come To An End) - Nelly Furtado
10 - Days Of Rain - Blowsight
11 - Strange Kind Of Love - Peter Murphy
12 - Wrong Side - Chris Cornell

No comments:

Post a Comment