Friday, December 18, 2020

Headin' Down South - music from the southern states

I used to work on an offshore oil rig in the 70's with guys from Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi.  It was during this time that I got to hear different types of music from the southern US states that I normally would not have heard in my native New Zealand.  Southern Rock is the most common subgenre of rock that is associated with the south, which tends to cross the rock n' roll, blues and country genres and is often linked to popular bands like The Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd or The Marshall Tucker Band.  However, in this compilation, I've deliberately stayed away from those bands and instead selected a snapshot of tracks that expresses the experience I had following my introduction to music from the south lands.


Tracklist:

01 - I Don't Want This Worry - Ledfoot
02 - Rebel Soldier - Jamey Johnson
03 - Jesus & Johnny Walker - Neal Black & The Healers
04 - Whitehouse Road - Tyler Childers
05 - You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive - Brad Paisley
06 - Hurry Sundown - The Outlaws
07 - Ballad Of A Southern Man - Whiskey Myers
08 - Po-Dunk - Kid Rock
09 - Gumbo John - Tony Joe White
10 - In Time - Mark Collie
11 - Soundtrack To A Six Pack - The Cadillac Three
12 - Soul Of A Man - David Lindley

No comments:

Post a Comment