Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Phantasmic - my final mix post for 2020

I was playing this mix last night while sitting around a fire pit with friends.  I had the volume cranked up fairly loud and so it was sounding rather good on a warm summers night (I live in New Zealand) amidst the glow from the flames, the clear skies, the native bush backdrop and the steady flow of alcohol.  A friend remarked that he wished he could buy cd's like this, which I took as quite the compliment. This mix brings together quite a diverse selection of rock & pop music that I've tried to sequence in a way that makes it flow nicely through the 12-songs.  I love the song that I've opened the mix with by Still Corners and particularly like the reggae/pop feel of 'Stay Alive' by Hollie Cook, the cruisy "An Ocean Between The Waves' by the fantastic War On Drugs (and yes it does finish rather abruptly) as well as the semi-cluby sound of "No Reason' by Bonobo.

Wherever you are - I wish you all the very best for 2021.  I do hope it's better than 2020 but regardless of what happens - music is the tonic that gets us through.  Take care and stay safe and if you like what I've posted so far - stop by again in the new year.....

All the best,
Skylord99


Tracklist:

01 - The Trip - Still Corners
02 - Stay Alive - Hollie Cook
03 - Bottle Rockets - Lowest Of The Low
04 - The Funeral - Band Of  Horses
05 - Shine - Younger Brother
06 - To Lose My Life - White Lies
07 - Cath - Death Cab For Cutie
08 - Islands - Zola Blood
09 - An Ocean Between The Waves - The War On Drugs
10 - Goddess On A Cadillac - Just Like Honey
11 - No Reason - Bonobo (feat. Nick Murphy)
12 - Don't You Evah - Spoon


No comments:

Post a Comment