Thursday, April 1, 2021

Ghost Town - mix of rock, blues-rock, country rock with a little bit of New Zealand rock thrown in for good measure

It's Good Friday afternoon on a dreary autumn day and I'm having a few beers and listening to my music.  I've just finished playing my Ghost Town mix and thought I'd take a few minutes between beers to share it with ya.....

This is what I call a bitza mix - bits of everything.  Well, not really everything but I've taken tracks from genres such as country rock, blues-rock, rock and probably some borderline pop.  Every now and then I also like to showcase some music from my homeland - New Zealand.  In this mix I've included some tracks from Graham Brazier (RIP), who was the front man for Kiwi favourites Hello Sailor, the legend Mark Williams who now fronts Dragon, a dark number from the great music-man himself Greg Johnson and an acoustic version of their song 'Bullet For Your Gun' from 2000's rock band Black River Drive.


Tracklist:

01 - Turning Away - Dougie MacLean
02 - Ghost Town - Bo Bruce
03 - Closing Time - Semisonic
04 - Gravity - Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band
05 - Back To Zero - Third Eye Blind
06 - Autumn - Graham Brazier
07 - Around The Sun - 8mm Overload
08 - Feel For The Night - Mark Williams
09 - Other Side Of You - American Bang
10 - Winter Song - Greg Johnson
11 - Bullet For You Gun - Black River Drive
12 - Everything Is Going Great - Tiny Stills


4 comments:

  1. Didn't know you were a Kiwi; thought you were just an unusually open-minded Aussie.
    Anyway, thank you, great mix as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am indeed a Kiwi. As you've noticed, I like to include a good balance of Kiwi and Aussie music in some of my mixes. Thanks for your compliment on the mix - enjoy :-)

      Delete